Effective August 24, 2015
1. FEES -- $125 per hour lesson paid at each lesson with cash, check, or credit card (Square). No lessons are given on credit and no postdated checks are accepted. Any returned checks must be reimbursed with added fees. If you have more than two checks returned, you will be put on a cash only basis. Please discuss any extenuating circumstances with me.
2. LESSON SCHEDULING -Your first lesson will be scheduled by contacting me at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After you are accepted into my studio, lessons can be scheduled one month in advance on the hour between 11am and 6pm at the following web address
You must first enroll at the above web address before scheduling lessons. Make sure your information is current. Your time will be denied if you have not been accepted as a regular student in my studio. You are normally allowed no more than four appointments on the schedule at a time. A lesson time is secured only after you receive a notice of confirmation.
3. LOCATION -- Unless you are notified otherwise, lessons on Monday through Thursday will take place at my studio at Northwestern University - 70 Arts Circle, Room 3-113, Evanston, IL. Lessons on Fridays will take place at my home -1016 Harvard Terrace, Evanston, IL 60202.
4. CANCELLATIONS -- If a lesson is missed without a minimum of 48 hours notice, you will be expected to pay for that lesson before receiving any other lessons. Please notify me as early as possible if you will have to miss a lesson.
5. PIANIST -- Your lesson fee normally includes the services of a pianist, my wife Carol Mannen Smith. If a pianist is not available, you will be notified in advance so that you may plan to sing repertoire that I can play or make arrangements to bring your own pianist. The fee remains the same even if a pianist is not available to play for the lesson.
6. PROMPTNESS -- If you are late, you should still expect the lesson to end on the hour. If I am running late, I will try to give you your full lesson time. Please allow for some time flexibility.
7. PROCEDURE -- When you arrive at the studio for your lesson, knock on the door and wait for me to respond. Normally I will admit you before completing the current lesson and dismissing that student.